i

Custom Search

Thursday, May 29, 2008

Michael Sowers-potter

Michael Sowers-potter

I would like to, first began in ceramics in 1971, a high school art class Casper Wyoming. We had the wheel, but the director does not know how to throw. I did it myself to learn and checked out several books on the subject from the library. Read books and try to read between the lines I have been able to teach myself to the middle and throw. I have made a number of items that the first half of (last semester in my Senior year), including a fully functional teapot, I received a picture of the paper and a small cash scholarship. It was only then that I have seen someone else throwing the wheel. I began college as the pre-med student, but spent all of my time, the ceramics studio, where the two quarters I dropped and went into the service until such time as I was not able to decide what direction I wanted to go and get GI bill to pay for it.
In order for a long story short, I have received from the BFA, ceramics-Nau (Northern Arizona University) in 1979. I have always done a very functional pottery with emphasis on ease of use, and I have always fired stoneware at high temperatures. I have built a number of kilns over the years and we've always done all of oman glazes.

No comments: